Whiffleball to Cricket

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Ghost Driver

So the other day I was getting gas. I always leave my car running when I pump gas, but this time the phrase could be taken more literally. As I was reaching for my wallet and grumbling at discovering that I had left it at home, I noticed my car was leaving me. Somehow it had gone into reverse and was making its way backward at about 5 miles per hour) toward the parking lot exit to merge with oncoming traffic. I made a dash (all the way around the back of my car) and threw open the driver's door. I quickly leapt inside, and stopped it just before it went into the street. I need a car for my everyday function, and I also need my intact body. I almost lost both, so you can imagine how shocked I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home