Whiffleball to Cricket

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Brain Power

I've read here and there about "brain exercises" meant to keep a mind sharp. These have been studied and, even on a solid theoretical basis, don't hold much hope. Either you're the type of person who would engage in brain exercises and so you are likely to be a sharper person with or without conscience effort, or you're not with consequent characterisitics. So sudoku all you like and tie your shoes with hands in opposite positions, you'll be as sharp as you are. That's about it.

But what about helping people to think critically? That could be done, couldn't it? How about today you whisper all your responses, declarations, and questions to everyone you encounter except your closest circle. If someone asks why you're whispering, there are two choices I'd advise. You could whisper, "I have laryngitis" or you could whisper a reply even more softly than you had previously done just so to make it incomprehensible. That might make people wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home