Whiffleball to Cricket

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Lighten Up

Hey man, why is it that people have to be so uptight? I asked Rutherford if he wanted to go out with me and some other cool bloggers since we have blogging in common. I even told him he could pick the night. First off I get no reply for like five days and then he tells me he can't imagine having any time for hanging out. That guy is antisocial. I ended up hanging out with a guy I don't even like, and he didn't have enough money for his beer.

Plus Rutherford was standing in line at this thumbprinting place we go to and he was with this hot chick. So I go up to him and tried to do a cool handshake. But he just told me to knock it off and shake like an adult. Then I asked him to introduce me to his friend. He looked pissed and said kind of snotty, "Well, I really just met her, so I don't know if we qualify as friends just yet." Then he introduces her. Man, she was pretty hot, so I was trying to get to know her and the whole time Rutherford is just looking irritated. I was keeping it very impersonal too. I was just like, "You look like you like to party." You know, just something to break the ice and sort of encourage a get-together. We talked for about two minutes maybe, and I said, "Maybe sometime we can get together for some partying. Rutherford can show us all the hot spots." And then Rutherford practically shouts, "I'm sure I don't know any hot spots. Besides I have to be in bed by 9:00 most nights." I mean, it's fine if he wants to look like a yutz, but why does he have to embarrass me? So I talked to this girl about Colorado cause she was from there, and I've been there too. And then she's up for her print, so I say, "Hope we run into each other again sometime. Keep this guy in line." And Rutherford says, "I've been in line for nearly thirty minutes." I didn't even bother shaking his hand even though I wanted to. He thinks he's so clever.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rutherford said...

At least I didn't point out the fact that you had your top THREE buttons undone on you shirt.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Rutherford said...

Your shirt.

6:19 AM  
Blogger DarrellH said...

???????? Confused...

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://goldenfiddle.com/node/4813

6:45 PM  
Blogger rutherfordpatterson said...

Whatever man! I don't lay out in the sun all day to hide my bronze breast under a shirt.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home